CNBC Africa

Newsfeed

TABLE-Holdings of SPDR Gold, iShares Silver fall

PUBLISHED: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 10:15:24 GMT

March 29 (Reuters) – Holdings of the largest gold-backed exchange-traded-fund (ETF), New York’s SPDR Gold Trust, fell 0.61% on Friday from Thursday, while holdings of the largest silver-backed ETF, New York’s iShares Silver Trust, fell 0.34% during the same period. Exchange-traded funds, the most widely recognized type of ETP, back each security issued with physical stocks of a given commodity, creating a product they say is free from counterparty risk. Name New Holdings Date Prev Holdings Prev Abs Change (OZ) % chg YTD AbsChange (OZ) (OZ) (OZ) GOLD SPDR Gold Trust 33,328,400.5 Mar 26 33,534,534.6 Mar 25 -206,134.0 -0.61% -4,311,905.4 COMEX Gold Trust 16,296,665.7 Mar 26 16,303,811.5 Mar 25 -7,145.8 -0.04% -584,985.9 ETF Securities gold (ex-US) 9,293,742.4 Nov 30 9,293,742.4 Nov 30 — — — ZKB Physical Gold ** 5,466,221.5 Mar 19 5,497,364.1 Mar 12 -31,142.6 -0.57% -131,568.1 Sprott Physical Gold Trust 2,604,213.0 Mar 26 2,604,200.0 Mar 25 13.0 0.00% 28,993.0 ETFS Physical Swiss Gold 844,902.3 Jan 24 844,902.3 Jan 24 — — — ABSA – NewGold ETF 634,330.8 Mar 26 634,336.0 Mar 25 -5.2 0.00% 10,655.4 Total 68,468,476.2 68,712,890.9 -244,414.7 -0.36% -5,231,520.7 SILVER iShares Silver Trust 578,605,155.4 Mar 26 580,554,631.6 Mar 25 -1,949,476.2 -0.34% 19,889,273.0 Sprott Physical Silver 130,736,414.0 Mar 26 130,536,414.0 Mar 25 200,000.0 0.15% 39,627,759.0 ETF Securities silver ex-US 100,389,761.6 Nov 30 100,389,761.6 Nov 30 — — — ZKB Physical Silver 94,956,516.3 Mar 19 94,989,728.0 Mar 12 -33,211.7 -0.03% 1,512,435.4 ETFS Physical Silver Shares 22,908,298.3 Mar 20 22,908,298.3 Mar 20 — — — Total 927,596,145.6 929,378,833.5 -1,782,687.9 -0.19% 87,856,703.6 PLATINUM ETFS Physical Platinum Shares 738,343.9 Mar 20 738,343.9 Mar 20 — — — ABSA – NewPlat ETF 572,653.1 Mar 26 572,658.5 Mar 25 -5.4 0.00% -446,655.5 ETF Securities platinum ex-US 617,330.8 Nov 30 617,330.8 Nov 30 — — — ZKB Physical Platinum 442,230.8 Mar 19 442,230.8 Mar 12 0.0 0.00% 18,976.3 Total 2,370,558.6 2,370,564.0 -5.4 0.00% -405,651.8 PALLADIUM InvestPalladium ETF # 142,113.50 Mar 25 142,113.50 Mar 25 — — — ETFS Physical Palladium Shares 129,466.60 Mar 20 129,466.60 Mar 20 — — — ETF Securities palladium ex-US 111,915.00 Nov 30 111,915.00 Nov 30 — — — ZKB Physical Palladium 78,361.80 Mar 19 78,361.80 Mar 12 — 0.00% 352.6 ABSA – NewPalladium ETF **** 27,470.90 Mar 26 27,471.20 Mar 25 -0.3 0.00% -14,396.6 Total 489,327.90 489,328.10 -0.2 0.00% -51,347.8 The figures above are those reported to Reuters by the organizations involved by telephone or email on the date shown, or those that are publicly available on their websites. ** ZKB physical gold, silver, platinum and palladium funds are fully backed by physical precious metal and investors are entitled to physical delivery of them. *** Shareholders in the GAM Gold fund can elect to hold “A class” shares, which are fully backed by physical gold. Investors in that class are entitled to physical delivery of the precious metal. Investors may also elect to hold “AX” class shares, which are fully backed by physical gold. Investors in that class are not entitled to physical delivery of the precious metal. **** Absa Capital’s NewPalladium Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) was listed on March 27, 2014 and is fully backed with South African palladium. # Standard Bank’s AfricaPalladium ETF, South Africa’s first listed palladium exchange traded fund, debuted on March 24, 2014.

(c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Click For Restrictions – https://agency.reuters.com/en/copyright.html