Africa still lagging in social protection

According to the flagship report on World Social Protection, Only 45 per cent of the global population are effectively covered by at least one social protection benefit, while the remaining 55 per cent – as many as 4 billion people – are left unprotected. Isabel Ortiz, Director for Social Protection at the International Labour Organisation and Luis Frota, Social Security Specialist at ILO join CNBC Africa for more.

Partner Content

Leveling the playing field for female entrepreneurs in Africa

By Olga Arara-Kimani, Regional Head, Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing Introduction Mobilising support for female...

Smart Mobility: Gautrain the sustainable way of travel!

The theme for October Transport Month 2020 is Smart Mobility.  Smart Mobility is an innovative way of getting around. it is the...

How COVID is teaching us to be better communicators

After years of having served as a senior communications practitioner, I’ve learned that the most important attribute of any effective communicator is...

Subscribe to our newsletter

Sign up for free newsletters and get more CNBC AFRICA delivered to your inbox